Friday, January 7, 2011

Okay.

I made it through yesterday. I didn't drink, and I didn't stray from the diet at all.

It. Was. Hard.

Indescribably difficult. I can't believe I did it. I can't believe all the excuses I was coming up with in my head... anything, ANYTHING to just be able to eat or drink.

Today hasn't been quite as difficult. Still hard, and I think part of the reason that I don't feel *quite* as hopeless today is that I had a nap this afternoon, so it took some of the time out that I had to think about it. Still, it's nearing 7pm (bedtime is 8 for the kiddos), and I'm doing okay. It takes a ton of effort to not eat stuff.

And let me just say that I am so, so, so glad I got rid of all the booze in the house. I couldn't make a drink even if I wanted to. (which I do, lol) It would take some serious effort to get alcohol right now. Good thing, too.

So I made it through day 1. Day 2 is almost over, and I think I'll succeed today. I've no excuse now... I mean, if I made it through the HELL that was yesterday, then I have no excuse to not make it today. If I'm strong enough to not stray yesterday, then I'm certainly strong enough to not stray today.

My NP girlies really helped me yesterday. I honestly don't know if I could have done it if I hadn't had their support and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment